To insure that everyone receives the maximum benefit from their time at Road, we have established the following common sense guidelines.
•Please turn the sound "OFF" on all cellular phones and pagers when classes and lectures begin.
• Please do not wear excessive perfume.
• Dress in layers, some rooms can be cool while others are too warm.
• Be on time. If you are late, please try to catch up quietly and do not expect the teacher to start over.
• Bring all necessary items required on the supply list. Borrowing is distracting to both you and the other student.
• Do not expect a teacher to take time from the class to teach you something different.
• Do not take photographs or tape the class without consent.
• Please do not enter classes while in session.
• Handouts and other materials provided by the instructor are copyrighted. Please check with the instructor before sharing the workshop in any format with others.
Each class has a skill level. You know best what your skill level is. Please select a class according to your comfort level with the skills listed below.
All Levels - Assumes knowledge of basic sewing skills, basic rotary cutting skills and basic quilting skills, either appliqué or piecing.
Beginning level - Basic sewing skills with some rotary cutting skills. A working knowledge of sewing machine.
Intermediate level - Assumes not only knowledge of the basics, but also experience using those skills.
Advanced - Experienced Quilter that wants a challenge.
To serve you better, we are using downloadable supply lists. These lists are exact lists supplied by the instructor, thereby avoiding typos and omissions when we re-type them for publication. Click on the link below the class description.
Since we do not change supply lists please keep these conference specific items in mind.
(1) Personal irons are prohibited. You must use the irons provided by Road to California. Craft, hobby and travel irons are prohibited as well. This is due to the fire hazard caused by outside irons. Thank you for your understanding.
(2) If your class is in a room with sewing machines provided, you do not need to bring your own machine. The supply list should have a cover page with a large red STOP sign on the front. Another way to tell is on the class description. It will tell whether you need to bring your own machine, or one is provided.
(3) Road to California provides its students with a work area, trash recepical, irons and ironing boards, and in certain situations sewing machines. We do not provide cutting stations or other misc. supplies. If you have any questions about any supplies, please contact us and we will either answer your question or refer you to the teacher.
(4) Please do not pin items to the classroom walls. We provide blue painters tape to affix items to the wall in each classroom.
Documents downloaded from this website require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Sewing Machine Policy:
Sewing machine companies have graciously provided machines in a wide variety of classes at great expense to the dealers and manufacturers. Technicians will be available in these classrooms. Personal machines are not allowed in classes where machines are furnished. You may NOT under any circumstances use your personal machine when a sewing machine is being provided by a company. The class description and supply list will inform you whether you’re in a class with a furnished machine.
Other classes may require that you bring your own machine. Please read class descriptions carefully.
Full Day Classes
Monday – Wednesday, Sunday – ALL LOCATIONS.
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (1 hour lunch break)
Thursday – Saturday (Azure Hotel and Ontario Airport Gateway Hotel) Classes ending with an “A” or a “G”.
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (1 hour lunch break)
Thursday – Saturday (Ontario Convention Center) Classes ending with a C
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (2 hour lunch break)
Half Day Classes
Morning Classes (All Locations)
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM (no lunch break)
Afternoon Classes Monday – Wednesday, Sunday – ALL LOCATIONS.
12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Afternoon Classes Thursday – Saturday (Azure Hotel and Ontario Airport Gateway Hotel) Classes ending with an “A” or a “G”.
12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Afternoon Classes Thursday – Saturday (Ontario Convention Center) Classes ending with a C
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
NOTE: Classes at the Convention Center have different times than Classes at the Hotels. Use this handy guide to determine the timing of your class. Each class description also has the times listed.
Those class numbers actually mean something! Read on to determine what they mean!
The first number indicates the day of the week that the class is held or in the case of multiple days the first day.
#1 is Monday, #2 is Tuesday, #3 is Wednesday and so on.
Example = 3005C is a Wednesday Class
The second number is usually 0 indicating the class is not a multiple day class. If the second number is 2 or higher, it is a multiple day class and the number indicates the day the class ends using the #2 is Tuesday, #3 is Wednesday, etc.
Example = 4601R The class is held Thursday through Saturday.
If the third number is a 6 then the class is an evening class.
Example = 4063C is a Thursday Evening class.
Other numbers in #3 spot are part of the fourth number such as 11, 12, 13 etc.
Example = 5015C (Our evening special events and lectures do not follow this rule).
The fourth number is the actual number of the class for that day and is usually assigned in alphabetical order of the instructor's last name.
Example = 6015C is a Saturday class
The letter at the end indicates where the
class will be held. Example = 6012G
A = Azure Hotel
C = Ontario Convention Center
D = DoubleTree Hotel
G = Ontario Gateway Hotel
Kit fees are payable to the teacher on the first day of class. Any questions about the contents of the included kit can be directed to either Road to California or the instructor.
Kit fees listed by the instructor are mandatory unless the kit is noted as being “optional”. Road to California and the instructor will make the final determination as whether the kit fee is mandatory. Students who do not purchase a mandatory kit will not be able to participate in class and will not be offered a refund.
Become a VIQ!
Our Very Important Quilter class positions are a great way to form a lasting relationship with your faculty instructor! You’ll be the instructors right hand, helping with the following details:
That’s it! Sign up on the class registration page when registering to take the class. If the VIQ option is not available, then there is already a VIQ in that class. As a VIQ, you’ll receive a special VIQ bar when you return the class roster and completed class evaluations.
To the maximum extent of the law, your attendance and participation, including that of your children and minors accompanying you, in any Road to California classes, events, lectures or tours paid for or not is conditioned on your agreement to hereby indemnify Road to California, its employees, volunteers, contractors from and never to make any claim for injury, loss or damage to you or your children and minors accompanying you against Road to California, its employees, volunteers and contractors, caused by its very own negligence, strict liability, or for any other reason. By signing the registration form, or registering on line, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Road to California -1160 N. Dewey Way - Suite A, Upland, CA 91786