Road to California App. Since May 2015, we have been working on this new application. Says Matt Reese, Show Manager, “The Road to California App is bringing our show in to the future. Using the app provides reliability knowing we can share the most current information about the show in real time.” Another benefit of the app: it supports Road to California’s efforts in sustaining a green environment. The app is replacing the Show Book, reducing the huge amount of paper used to publish the books.
What are some of the app features?
- A map to help guests locate everything at the show: Classes, Vendors, Special Exhibits, and even food
- A personal schedule so guests can plan out what to see and do, including the $5 Lectures.
- A listing of Exhibitors so guests can locate them on the showroom floor. Guests can keep track of the products they are interested in, and have the exhibitors’ contact information for after the show.
- A listing of Teachers, their classes, and their contact information.
- A listing of Sponsors.
- Information about the Daily Drawings.
- Menus for each of the food buffets served each day.
How do you get started?To get the free app, for Apple users, go to the App Store and search for Road to California. Google users need to go to the Play Store and search for RoadToCalifornia (all one word). It’s best to download the app before you come to the show so that you can become familiar with its features.
What if I don’t have a smart device? Or I forget to bring my smart device?No worries. There will be two iPad stations in the Convention Center (each having five iPads running the app) available for guests to use. Road Staff will be on hand to answer questions and guide guests with their app questions. And for those guests who just can’t manage the app this year, there will be a small number of traditional Show Books available. The Road to California App allows guests to customize their Road 2016 experience and keep their information long after the show has ended. Carolyn Reese, show owner, is thrilled to offer this new addition. “We are excited to provide better and more information to our guests using the app than we ever could with a show book.” What feature are you looking forward to using on the Road to California App? ]]>